Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Best deals Ty Beanie Baby - Brittany - Alvin and the Chipmunks

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41I1uRT7aoL.jpgBest Chipmunk movie collectibles I've seen so far...

Okay, so I just saw the Squeakquel, being a big fan of the Chipmunks going back to watching them as a small child in the '80's. As expected, it was a great time. Dave literally phoned it in this time, but "Uncle" Ian was back to exploit the Chipettes, and it was completely hilarious! Anyway, I had seen these Ty beanies of Alvin, Simon, Theodore, and Britney on Amazon a short time before and already knew I wanted them. I have a nice toy trio already that came with the DVD release of the first film in a Best Buy gift set, but I was always unsatisfied with their small size. These Ty beanies are much closer to the actual size of the Chipmunks in the live-action/CGI films. Still a bit short, but much closer (possibly more accurate to actual chipmunk size? I really don't know though). So, I was thrilled when my package from Amazon arrived and much larger (but not too large) chipmunks than the ones I already have filled the box. These new Ty chipmunks look good, and I am giving them the full five stars because I do love them, but they could still have been better. They're big enough to satisfy me without being too big, like a plush probably would be, and they have nice detail. However, they could have better detail. Most specifically, they could have the darker areas of their fur that form stripes, some of which (in the film) imply eyebrows. This is something I'll miss in the tiny plush toys I have that I will probably get rid of after making this upgrade. Their tails in the film versions are longer than these Ty incarnations too, but that's no biggie. I have yet to acquire Theodore, as I could only buy three when I ordered these with a gift card, and Brittany was a must (I'll get Theo ASAP, for sure), so I can't comment on him, but I can say that I think of the three I own, Simon has the best likeness since the glasses add detail to his overall look (wearing his blue hoodie, of course). Without the eyebrow enhancements, Alvin isn't so striking, despite having that nicely made hoodie with stitched on "A", and Brittany is very cute, but she also looks the most like a toy out of the three. Still, I'm thankful that she actually does have a center forehead stripe, and her outfit is very cute, though it does have fraying edges on the jacket's bottom hem. She sports a cute ponytail like in the film, but I had to work with it a bit to make it lay right due to the way they chose to craft it (it's stuffed itself, like her actual tail). Regardless of the nit-picky things, she looks great and all three of these beanies do, and I anticipate Theodore will look great when I get him as well. They just better not stiff us fans and cancel the line before making Jeanette and Eleanor! Oh, and what's the deal with Alvin not wearing his cap? He doesn't wear it in the Squeakquel (if I remember correctly), nor does the Ty beanie wear one! Alvin always wore his hat! I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a cap-wearing version if/when the other two Chipettes come out though, forcing me to buy Alvin all over again, ha.

Best deals Ty Beanie Baby - Brittany - Alvin and the Chipmunks