Monday, July 6, 2009

Sandisk SDSDX3-008G-A31 8GB Extreme III SD Card

Perfectly paired with my Nikon D90

Background you can skip

I purchased a new DSLR, an upgrade from my trusted Nikon D50: the D90.

I wanted to get the fastest and most suited 8GB card to accompany my shoots and needed something that would keep up with the Nikon's 30MB/s capability.

After wandering the web for the best card I found the following information: "the cards offer a 50 percent speed boost from 20MB/s cards, and the Nikon D90 is the industry's first dSLR to take advantage of the speed.

That means that with the 30MB/s Extreme III, the D90 can record 39 6MB JPEG images at 4.5 frames per second in continuous shooting mode. Getting them off is almost as fast, too, when used with SanDisk's new ImageMate Multi-Card USB 2.0 reader/writer."

Note that some reviewers on here gave the card a bad rating because of lack of speed. However, it is his own equipment that is the bottle neck so that is not the best of sources to judge on.

This card is fast fast fast in my D90 and I have since purchased a spare one.

In short:

PROS
- LEADING EDGE IN SPEED
- PERFECTLY COUPLED WITH NIKON D90

CONS

- EXPENSIVE

CONCLUSION:
For the serious prosumer this is a must have for your D90 or other capable camera.
http://www.it-firstcare.com